Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Gospel According to Lost by Chris Seay

The Gospel According to Lost by Chris Seay is a book using the television show Lost as a basis for paralleling the Gospel. At least according to the title I came to this conclusion. I watch Lost and was pretty confused by the early chapters and how they related to the Gospel. The chapters are broken out by characters of the show and how they represent Biblical characters or ideas. Some characters have pretty strong ties/parallels like Jacob and Jin but other parallels (or lack of parallels) add to the confusion I experienced in reading the book. Kate and Sawyer's chapters focus more on their outward appearance than any biblical parallels.

You most definitely have to have a good knowledge of Lost in order to read this book because characters are mentioned without any description to where they fit in the Lost story. This makes sense because the book would be huge if these things had to be explained but a few times names are dropped that made me stop and have to recollect who they were in the show.

I am not sure what I expected but I was not blown away with what I read. I definitely do not recommend this to anyone who has not watched Lost and am still hesitant to recommend it to anyone who has.

I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment